Sunday, September 6, 2015

Back to the Grind

It's the beginning of September in Maine so that can only mean one (or a few) things. The first is that school has now officially started, and I've fallen pretty easily back into the groove of being the student-athlete (week one is over and week two is beginning so we're off to a good start so far) A great perk is that the first week of school coincidences with a low week on our training making it extra easy to acclimate back to the mixed up skier life of school and skiing. (That also means training is going to be a lot harder these coming weeks though, oh well)

I would also like to say that I'm Super excited that I get to wear my Bliz sunglasses (they're awesome) and wear my Alpina ski boots for another winter race season!

Another great part is that with the start of school means its the start of Fall here in the county. There are trees out on the roller loop that are already sporting full red and orange blooms, and the harvesters are all out attack the buckwheat and other grain type fieldsin full force as it was discovered on this mornings bike ride.

In brief there is not much going on here in the Jalbert house other than homework, the occasional bike ride, roller skiing and competitive vegetables. Oh yea I tried to make coleslaw the other day. Needless to say the head of cabbage and I didn't get along to well, but the ending food result was great for me! Until the next run in with a difficult veggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment